Agriculture has been a part of Luseland Credit Union since the Credit Union began. We continue to maintain a zero service charge environment for cheque writing, deposits, point of sale purchases, and ATM withdrawls. This allows the Credit Union to keep the number of types of accounts at a lower level, making it much simpler to do your banking. There is no need for a member to hold multiple accounts when there are no service charges.
Please scroll down to see a full list of agriculture accounts.
- No service charges for cheque writing, deposits, debit card purchases or ATM withdrawals – it is all FREE!
- Monthly Statements are available online or as a paper copy.
- Personalized cheques can be ordered at cost, images of cheques are included with your statement.
- Interest is calculated on the minimum monthly balance and is paid annually on December 31.
- There is a 2 day grace period when calculating the minimum monthly balance and as such deposits made on the 2nd of any month will qualify for interest in that month.
- All interest earned on Regular Savings is eligible for the patronage payment.
Plan 24 Savings
- The Plan 24 account accrues interest on a daily basis.
- Interest is paid monthly at month end.
- All interest earned on Plan 24 accounts is eligible for the patronage payment.
- Producers who are eligible for the program will receive their deposit information from Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada.
- LCU Agri-Invest accounts calculate interest on the minimum monthly balance.
- Interest is paid annually on December 31.
- Statements are produced monthly.
- Government matched funds are deposited directly into the account.