Transfers made ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, through LCU Online Banking and Mobile App.
What can International Transfers be used for?
- Sending money to your account in the USA or internationally
- Buying property or a holiday home outside of Canada
- Paying for tuitions fees overseas
- Investments outside of Canada
- Sending money to friends or family who reside overseas
- Paying for accommodations or holidays outside of Canada
- Supporting a family member travelling
- Paying for a wedding abroad
- Overseas mortgage payments
- Paying for bills or medical expenses overseas
- Paying for work to be completed outside of Canada
How to make International Transfers:
1) Complete a one-time registration through LCU online banking or mobile app. (An image of your photo ID is required to get started)
2) Add a recipient(s)
3) Book the international transfer
What amount can you transfer?
You can transfer as much as your credit union allows, or as little as $10.00.
How to keep track of your transfers?
Transfers appear on your transaction history in real-time. You will also receive an email notification when the transfer has been sent from you account and when it arrives at the recipient's account.
How long do the transfers take?
Typically they take 2-5 business days to deliver. Time may vary depending on the destination.
How safe are International Transfers?
Your transfer is protected with AES 256-bit encryption, automated identity verification, anti-money laundering procedures, automated online checks, advanced anti-fraud safeguards and insurance coverage - all through a FINTRAC-regulated entity.
What are the exchange rates?
Pricing is live, giving you a real-time rate every time.
What are the fees?
The fees are displayed at the time of the transaction. Typically under $500.00 there is a $2.50 charge.
Will the recipient be charged a fee?
With our guaranteed transfer amount, what is sent is what is received—there are no deductions ever.